Before You Go:
- If your cat uses a litter tray, please check that there is enough cat litter to cover your absence, some bags, a scoop and a dust pan and brush
- Make sure that there is enough of your cat’s favourite food in the house: trips to the supermarket incur a surcharge of £ 5 per trip
- Leave out washing-up materials and some kitchen roll
- Put your cat’s favourite toys in a visible spot
- Leave us a note if there are any points we did not discuss when you booked
- Ensure that we have a contact number in case of emergencies and also the name and number of your vet. If your cat is insured, please make sure we know where the documentation is
- Payment terms are as follows: on the collection of the keys you will receive an invoice and be asked to pay 50% deposit, the remaining 50% to be paid on return of the keys. Cheques should be made payable to “Happy Cats Cat Sitting”
- Please, please take our telephone number with you. If your return is delayed for whatever reason, please ring us to let us know!
- We are fully insured but to avoid any mishaps please:
- Make sure that your spare keys work. We cannot be responsible for doors or locks which have a “knack” to them, so please ensure that they work properly before your booking starts as we will, understandably, accept no responsibility for the malfunctioning of locks which have already been identified as “difficult”
- If you have a burglar alarm please tell us how to set and deactivate it and remember to give us any further instructions
- If necessary don’t forget to tell your neighbours that we will be visiting
During Your Absence:
- We will visit your cat each day, making as many visits as agreed with you
- Each time we visit we will wash all bowls, feed as directed and change the water. We will also clean the litter tray
- Most importantly we will give your cat lots of time and lots of affection! We always carry a range of toys with us, but it’s obviously useful if you remember to leave your cat’s own toys around for us to use as well
- If you do not call us on your return we will continue to visit your cat at the usual rates and until we hear from you: your cat’s welfare comes first.
- We require 14 days notice of the cancellation of any visits during school holidays and 48 hours notice of the same during term time, otherwise visits will be billed at the usual rate
Upon your return:
- Please ring us to let us know that you have returned
- When we have heard from you we will arrange to drop off your keys unless, as a regular client, we have your permission to keep them
- Please take the time to fill in a “feline feedback form” which we will leave in the kitchen. We aim to satisfy you and to make your cat a “happy cat” and are always pleased to learn of ways in which we can improve our service!
Thank you for considering Happy Cats Cat Sitting!